Wool Pile windows insulation

A home owner from Albuquerque, NM says:
I have a good measurement of the width but it is so compessed I'm not sure of the depth. Also, I'm concerned about reinstlling the pile. The tracks on the Alenco Windows I have are crimped on both ends. I had to cut the pile out with a knife. Any suggestions on reinstalling is appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Wool Pile Bottom View.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Wool Pile Side View.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named upper corner showing crimp.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, judging by your photos and dimensions, I think our 58-021 will work as a replacement for you. Give it a good compare and let us know if you agree.

To reinstall the weatherstripping, use a thin screwdriver tip or chisel. Slide it under the groove and work it through the crimp end to open it up, so you can glide the wool pile through. When done, crimp it down to lock the weatherstripping in place. Hope this helps!

How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.