Wool pile retainer?

A quick learner from Boone Iowa says:
Hi, I figured out that I need 9/32 x 5/16 wool pile for my four sliding glass doors. My question is what will retain, or keep the pile from sliding back out? The problem is the old seals are sliding back out, and then get smashed in the door jam when closing the door. Would you suggest some rubber cement? The pile guide is not metal, but rather a molded plastic of some kind. Attached is a picture of one door. Thanks!
User submitted a photo of wool pile.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes, I would suggest rubber cement to keep the wool pile in place. You don't want to use too much or you will not be able to remove it when it the time comes to replace it. Check with a local hardware store and see what they suggest.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.