Wright 7708 operator

A quick learner from NY says:
I see that you guys have suggested some parts for people with other similar products from Wright. Just wondering any advice you might have on replacing the Wright 7708. Any help appreciated, thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6666.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

My guess would be the 39-388, which has a similar split-arm setup, but you'll want to ensure that the dimensions match. Let me know if they differ at all.

Thanks for the response! Measuring mine, I'd estimate the short arm to be 3.5 inches, instead of the product's 3 1/8 measurement. Do you think it's still worth ordering one to test it out, despite the difference? The longer measurement maybe was closer to 4.5, although I wasn't sure how to measure it. I included some photos that may be useful for reference. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I do believe that the 39-388 is still our best replacement option despite the slight difference in the arm length. I think it could still work for you but you may need to move the bracket that the arm installs on to connect to the sash to compensate for the difference in length. 

If you decide to give it a try and the installation doesn't work out for some reason, you can view our return policy here. Thank you!

Hello,
I know this thread is a bit old now. But I ended up purchasing 39-388 model (and the corresponding one for the other side)

Unfortunately, it does not fit particularly because of the very different angles of the bottom portion of the arm. Please let me know if you have any other products or suggestions, or if you need further information on the difference between the two products (my product is a Wright 7708)
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! Unfortunately Wright products can be difficult to match, as they frequently make different variations of this operator with different types of arms. Take a look at our 39-318 operator. Do you think this might line up better with your window? You also might want to consider moving the location of the sash bracket and see if that helps the issue at all.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.