Wright/Guardian Replacement hardware (Bronze or Black?)

A home owner from Minneapolis, Mn. says:

I would like to replace this brass with antique bronze or black hardware.

Wright storm door, (Guardian Mfg. Dewill, IA).

ANSIZ 97.1 - 1984

SGCC 2020 1/8 U

16CFR 120111

The height of the latch plate is 7 5/8".

Is there a bottom sweep and base available in that color? Price?

Thanks,

Dennis

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B416C6A8-237C-48CB-BD30-2AACCB10FFE1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Dennis. My first recommendation for this part would be our 40-183 lockset. There are a lot of other dimensions to consider, though, which we show on the 40-183 store page. I recommend looking them over to confirm that everything lines up.

I'm afraid I don't know what sweep your door needs. In order to see if we have a match, I would need to see a picture of the sweep you have now from its end profile. Dimensions would also be a big help. 

Hi Tom,

I took a look at that product, and will check more dimensions. But, the first thing I thought of, is: Does this same product come in a non-lockable door"? We never use the lock on this door.

Thanks,

Dennis

Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Dennis. We unfortunately don't sell a version of this handle set without a key lock. I don't think they make one, either. Key locks are pretty standard for storm door sets like this.

Ok, got it.

I do have a question about a sliding door. It looks like a standard size, in and early 90's installation. The window reads:
Libby Owens 16CFR CANC4 88-12.1 M
LOF 1201 II
0Y6 Tembered 968800 1801-9U
The door is not at my location, but owner is interested in a key locked, outsidehandle on this door?
Any Ideas on availability and cost for a locker?

Thanks,

Dennis

Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid that information doesn't tell me anything about the door, only the glass. To be honest even if you got me information from the door frame itself it probably wouldn't be enough. Most sliding glass doors use generic hardware so the only way I could help in this case is to see photos of what's installed on there now. There are a lot of smaller details that have to be considered that can't be gleaned from door brand alone.

Specifically, I would need to see a clear picture of the interior and exterior handles, as well as a picture of the mortise lock.

How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.