Wrong 1" T-Lock Balance Shoe

A home owner from Irmo, SC says:
I just received four 1" T-Lock Balance Shoes, Part 15-194, that I ordered from you. They are the right overall size, but will not fit into the channel because they are not recessed in the front. I am attaching pictures of the shoe I received together with the broken one I am replacing.

I am also attaching a picture of the channel showing the recessed front. The replacement is for a 2008 MW double hung, tilt-out, vinyl window. The spring balance channel is a 28C. Is the T-Lock Balance Shoe I need available?
A user submited photo of window balance shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear that our shoe didn't work! However, I do not believe we have this other type.

If you'd like, you can order an entirely new balance from us. I'd have to know the length of your metal channel before we can begin. Based on your stamp, I'd guess that it's 28", but I'd just like you to confirm!
A home owner from Irmo, SC says:
Yes, the channel is 28". However, I am wondering if a replacement balance without the recess in/at the shoe would work. The reason for the recess is so you can lift one side of the sash up and out of the shoe and then pull the other side out. Without the recess, I do not understand how I could get the sash in and out. Can you explain?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The sash should pop out just the same. The indentation is not necessary.

A home owner from Streetsboro, Ohio says:
I have the same problem that the homeowner from Irmo,SC has. His pictures of the shoe and the indented balance are exactly like mine (even to the pat #s on the shoe). Do you have a shoe like this or do I need to replace the entire balance?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we have been unable to find a replacement for this shoe and its strange indented channel balance. You would have to purchase the entire balance unit from us.
A home owner from Browns Mills NJ says:
I am looking for a pivot shoe and spacer? for a Patriot window model 1800J. I have attached photos - please let me know if these items can be purchased from you.

Thanks

Eric
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I have placed you into an existing discussion regarding this type of window balance. As you can see, we have been unable to find a replacement for the shoe at this time. You will have to replace the entire balance.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.