Yellow tip replacement

A quick learner says:
The tip on my spiral tilt window balance is yellow. What color should I get to replace it?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

If your tip is yellow, usually a yellow tip is right. I see you ordered a red tip balance. I'm going to freeze your order until we can verify the right balance.

Usually, the yellow tip is for a thinner balance than the Series 600 balance that you ordered. Usually, yellow tip balances are Series 900 (for tilt windows, at least). Re-measure your balance tube diameter. For 3/8", choose Series 900, and for 5/8", choose Series 600. The length of the tube will determine which balance from the Series you should choose.

Then, you probably want to weigh your window sash to choose a tip color. For each balance, we put a chart in the product description listing which weights can be carried by which color tip. See which tip is right for the weight of your sash.

Once you verify which balance you need, please call our customer service line. Their information can be found here.

A quick learner says:
Thanks for putting my first order on hold till we get this straight. The window I ordered the red tips for is a different window that has red tip balances and is in an upstairs bedroom. The yellow tip is from a larger downstairs living room window that weighs 23 lbs. It's the only window in the house that has yellow tips.They both seem to be 9/16". (See photos)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Y&R.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You're welcome! Are the balance tubes all 25" long? If so, the yellow tip window would be best replaced with an S600-25 with a blue tip. You'd want to contact our customer service center once you verify the length. If they're not both 25" long, let us know how long the yellow tip balance is. You'll need a Series 600 spiral in that length.

A quick learner says:
Yes, they are all 25" long. Please cancel my first order and I will reorder. Thanks for your guidance!
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.