Your 84-006S spring is different than mine

A quick learner from United States says:
This picture shows more clearly the difference is length. All I can say is that the old ones are about a 3/16"-1/4" inch shorter and snap in easily where as the new ones will not go in and over enough for the pin to fit in hole. I've broken off 3 pins of the new ones trying to get them in. The length is the only reason I can think of as to why I can not install them. It is also possible that I'm doing something wrong. We'll move on, thanks.
Richard
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1558738439114blob.png
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. I've also had trouble installing these wheels with the pins. 

The first thing I do is to bend the spring a little to take some of the tension off. When bending the spring, try to pull it to match up to the old wheel. Make sure the hole in the screen frame is clear. What I do is to take a drill bit a little larger than the existing hole and drill up from the bottom so not to damage the screen cloth. Also, if you haven't done it already look at the related video. They may help.

How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
How to repair a spring roller on a sliding screen door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.