alenco snap-in glazing

A home owner from PA says:
looking for snap-in glazing replacement
Snap in
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You may want to begin by taking a look at our 55-080 snap in glazing bead. We believe this may be a match for you. Get back to us with some thoughts.
A quick learner from PA says:
i've ordered 55-080 already
This peace not working for me
Looks like it way too thick and not flexible enough to go inside the window frame
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I agree with Mike, I think our 55-080 may be the best match. I see what you mean about the thickness, but I have an idea. What I've done in the past when I had to repair an Alenco window was to use the 55-080 glazing bead and, if it didn't work the first time around, trim about 1/8" off the snap in leg to fit the original beading. We have not been able to find the exact size from our suppliers with same dimensions. I suspect it's not made anymore.
A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Dave,

I recently purchased several pieces to use in an Alenco window. I am having the same issue, the lip on the snap in side does not seem to fit. It will rest right on top of the window lip, but I cannot get it to slip under. What is the best way/tool to use to trim off a bit on the slip under edge? I tried using a utility knife, but its not as quick or clean as I imagine it can be. Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Like I mentioned back in June, you will need to cut down the snap in leg about 1/8" shorter to fit. You want to cut along the bottom edge where it flares out. Other than that it should fit fine in the sash, in my experience. I'm afraid we've never been able to find anything closer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.