1 2 3 4
4 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Sep 5, 2023 9:14 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for posting! I am confident we have a replacement balance we can supply you with however, to be absolutely sure I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window.

I am specifically looking to see a photo of the top and bottom plastic attachments from the balance. I will also need to know the stamp/marking from the metal channel as well as the length of the channel (from metal to metal; not including the attachments). 

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Home Owner from georgia
Sep 5, 2023 2:22 pm
top photo included.
28" lomg
no markings
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Sep 5, 2023 3:00 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Yes, I do understand that you've included the requested photos, however, its hard to make out the bottom shoe since it is damaged. I'll need to see an undamaged shoe to properly identify the replacement balance you need for your windows.

Also, since there are no stamps/markings on the metal channel, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of the sash. 

Home Owner from georgia
Sep 6, 2023 7:46 am
looks like 2730
see photos 5-10
5 8 9 10 7
5 user uploaded images
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Sep 6, 2023 9:13 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for the photos. Your balances are either the S351-28 with a 1" shoe or the S390-28 with a 1-1/8" shoe. 

To determine which series is needed for your window, look over the dimensions from the diagram below to confirm the depth of your bottom shoe. 

The stamp is what helps to determine the weight range your balances should be able to carry to support the weight of your sash. You'll need to select the 2730 stamp for your balances.

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

The black plastic piece is your photos is a top sash guide. This helps to guide the balance in the channel and prevent it from shooting up and out of the window. Yours looks a lot like our 18-009. To confirm that this is the right replacement, carefully look over the dimensions below and compare them to your top sash guide. This part is available in black.

Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009

Side view of 18-009
Side view of 18-009

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts