andersen balances

A home owner from FISCHER AVE says:
WE ARE LOOKING TO REPLACE 8 ANDERSON BAL ASSYS.
DO YOU HAVE A CHART THAT EXPLAINS THE NUMBER SYSTEM ANSERSEN USES.

I BELIEVE THAT THE MIDDLE NUMBER IS THE KEY

I NEED BL8/10#31/585 WHICH IS YOUR 24-1033 (33BEING THE MAX LENGTH)
D39/7#27/685 WHICH IS 24-737"
J15/5#23/385 WHICH IS YOUR 24-531.

HAVE I BEEN CORRECT.? I HAVE 22+ WINDOWS WHICH WILL AT COME POINT NEED THEM

THANK YOU
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The middle number is key, and you are correct on all three balances. I have attached the balances to the right side of the page, just in case. Thanks for choosing SWISCO.com!
A contractor from Bluffton SC 29910 says:
I'm a Handyman. First time with a faulty Andersen window string balance.
Need to know which balance to order and how long delivery. Time sensitive Home Insp issue.
This is what I know.
- Home built in 2007-2009 range.
- Double hung, double insulated panes, wooden sash.
- Dimensions; Sash 35-3/4" w x 37-5/8" h | Glass 32-1/2" w x 34+" h
- Numbers found on panes (best I could determine);
NFRC 004/005 Low E
ICCR/IGVA (R)
CG-4.9 08 1017

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the given information doesn't tell me which Andersen balance would be best for your application. The only way to accurately identify these is to reference the stamps printed on the balance box itself. There will be quite a few different stamps on there, but we're specifically looking for one with a "#" symbol in the middle of it. If no such symbol is on the box, it's usually safest to just show us every single stamp; we can eyeball the proper code.

Unfortunately, without that stamp it won't be possible for us to make a recommendation. We rely on that. That means you will need to return to the house and partially disassemble the frame to get a photo. If you aren't able to do that, then you may want to contact Andersen directly for assistance.

How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
How to replace an Andersen Window Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
Andersen's Narroline Sash Balances
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.