anderson awning window

A handy person from Fire Island Pines says:
what do I need to repair / replace existing window cranks?
- the mounting O.C. is 4.5"
- the arm extension (from pivot point) is 9"
- the front stamp is C-9400
- the rear stamp is F9400-8A A
- the glazing date is: CIG-3 3-97

Also,
Is there a replacement for the rail mounted to the window frame (mine, exposed to constant salt air, has gotten corroded, making the "travel" difficult) ?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. This could be either the 39-343, if your window was made from 1995 to 1998, or the 39-099, if it was made from 1999 to today. As for the rail, I'm afraid we do not have a replacement for it.
A handy person from Fire island pines says:
What's the difference between the two?
How would I know which I need?
Doesn't thd stamp on the glazing tell me what year it was made? (Is that in 97?)
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This is a bit of a quandary. Against all odds, your window seems to have been made at a time Andersen was changing over the hardware. I do believe "97" is the date. Personally, I'm kind of leaning to the 39-099. However If you do go with the 39-099 operator you will need to also order the 39-362 adapter plate. It is not included with the 39-099.
A quick learner says:
If it's miss
Are the parts returnable
(Or can be exchanged)
?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, you can return them if they don't work. You can see our return policy here.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.