anderson awning window operator

A quick learner from kailua says:
Is there a difference between operator 39-099 and 39-343. I bought one with the adaptor plate, and I do not need to use the plate. After installing the operator, I cannot close the window completely, the arm of the operator is hitting the window sill. Any suggestion?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you sure you don't need to use the adapter plate? You might want to give it a try just in case. It may give your operator enough height so that the arm doesn't bump against the sill.

The 39-343 fits Andersen's Perma-Shield Enhanced awning windows from 1995 to 1998, while the 39-099 fits Perma-Sheild Improved E-Z Awning windows 1999 to present.
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.