anderson window balance

A handy person from St Charles, MO 63303 says:
I have anderson windows. Original windows. House built 1986. These are double hung windows. They do not tilt. Is there any way to identify the balance hardware with out opening the frame. I would hate to open it once to get the needed info and pictures so I can order the parts and a second time to install the parts.

I am also interested in replacing the insulation strip at the bottom of the window. This appears to me to be a bulb type.
A handy person from St Charles, MO 63303 says:
one more question. Is there insulation between the two windows (I.E. in the middle of the closed windows).
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I'm afraid the only way to identify what kind of Andersen balance you need is to remove the original and use its markings as a reference. There's no etching or number anywhere else on the window that will tell you what you need. There are a lot of different numbers on the balance itself, too. If you aren't sure which one to go by, show me pictures of the stamps on your old balance and we can go from there.

I'm not sure if your windows have insulation, but we'll need you to remove a piece of weatherstripping and show us a clear picture of the end profile to compare to our inventory. The video below will go over exactly what we'll need.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.