awning window operator

A home owner from stuart, fl says:
I am president of our condo assoc. 54 units. our windows all have wooden hurricane shutters operated by a hand / operator that fits through the window frame. These are left and right handed. Our buildings are about 29 years old. There are no manufacturer names or numbers on the operatiors. Many have failed due mostly to over cranking that strips the gear in the handle.

Your POW 39-182 and 39-183 seem to be the same measurements as far as screw holes and arm.

attached is jpeg picture. My only concern is the length of the operator arm from gear teeth to end of arm. There is only one screw hole at the end of the arm. From the end of the arm to the first bend, measures 2 1/2 inches. From that bend to the housing, is another 1 1/2 inches.
User submitted photos of their crank operator.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Please provide us with another measurement, see image
Need_Measure
Need measurement from center of gear to center of hole in crank arm.
A home owner from stuart, fl usa says:
distance measures 4 inches from centeer of mounting hole.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
We found a similar operator but the center of gear to the center of crank arm hole center is 3-3/8", not 4". Let us know if you think that could work for you and we will see about getting them in.
A home owner from stuart, fl says:
no, the distance is definitely 4"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I apologize, but we couldn't seem to locate a part that fits your needs. As we stated earlier, the closest operator we found had a 4" distance from center of gear to the center of the hole in the crank arm.

I am sorry we are unable to help you with your project.
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.