awning window operator replacement

A quick learner from St. Thomas, VI says:
I am trying to find the proper replacement awning window operators. They look similar to 39-026 but a couple of differences the attaching arm is 2 1/2 inches long and it has a 3/8 hole which had a plastic sleeve . The arm has a slight offset. The windows were manufactured by Marva in Puerto Rico back in the mid 90s. The threads and shoulder are part of the window unit. Marva is now out of business. Not quite sure how to attach a picture otherwise I would
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Most aluminum awning window companies today are no longer in business. Vinyl seems to be the preferred window material these days. In your case, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Marva window. We will need pictures of your operator removed from the window, along with your measurements. At the bottom of this page, you should see a form you can fill out to reply. Included in that form is a button that says "Choose File," right next to "Images." You can click on this to select the images from your computer.
A quick learner from St Thomas USVI says:
The link arm is 2 1/2" center to center the hole in the end of the arm is 3/8" the arm has a slight offset, the body is 5 1/4 and bolt holes are missing
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Thank you! Seeing the arm is definitely a huge help, but it appears the installation hole tabs have broken off. Is there any way we can see an undamaged operator? Seeing the installation hole pattern is an essential part of identifying what you have, as every awning window operator is a little different. We will also need you to measure the distance between each hole center and let us know what you get.
A quick learner from St Thomas USVI says:
The space between the bottom two holes is 7/8"
User submitted photos of a window operator.
A quick learner from St Thomas, USVI says:
The link arm is 2 1/2" long with a 3/8 diameter hole and the holes at the bottom are 7/8" center to center
A quick learner from VI says:
7/8 center to center
I looked at every operator and then some, and I believe you will need to use our 39-410. It seems to be the closest match to your measurements. It has two holes at the top, but you will need to use only one hole. Take a look and see what you think.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.