backing spacer available for this lock?

A handy person from lino lakes says:
Hello. I bought a house that has an upstairs sliding patio door with this lock installed. 82-051. It has a backing spacer so the lock bolt can slide into a limiter (82-054).

The only thing I don't have/can't find, is this spacer. It's the exact size and shape as the lock housing, so I don't think it was 'field made'. It provides the exact 1/4" clearance the mechanism needs. Any ideas?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. It sounds like you need the shim that used to go with the 82-051 lock. I've had a couple requests for this in the past but have never been able to find it. I don't think it's made anymore, though I guess it's possible that it's under some rock we haven't yet turned over. I can tell you that we can't replace it at this time. We may find it one day in the future, but there's nothing we can do now.

Would you be able to use washers at the four corners to shim it out to the same extent? If not, check with a local hardware store to see if they can cut a flat piece of metal to size that will work in the same capacity. Sorry we can't come up with a better match!

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.