Channel Balance for Vinyl Window

A quick learner from OR says:

Can you help me identify this part? It has a large bottom piece with the string coming out of the bottom.

I'm thinking this part is the best match: S385-26

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210116_154825.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210116_154759.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210116_154737.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. We can indeed replace this balance for you, but it has to be custom made because it doesn't actually match any of our stock items; both its length and the configuration of the nylon shoe differ greatly. Can you tell me the stamp code on the metal channel? Can you also tell me how many balances you need? From there I'll prepare a quote for you. Thanks. 

I'm looking to replace 10 balances for 5 windows.

The stamp is "26 3 B.S.I 0L". Attached is a photo of the stamp code.

I can send you the balance if needed.

Also, I need an end-cap, see attached photo. Can you help with replacing this broken item?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210119_123329.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210119_130433.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. I just sent you an email with a custom link to order (10) of these balances stamped 26-3. For the Top Sash Guide, see our 18-171 sold separately. Let me know if you have any other questions prior to placing your order.

The new balances work good, fit great.

However, one window is heavier than the others. It weights 24lb, the others weight 19lb.

Can you create a pair of balances for this 24lb window? Maybe two 26-5?

Also, I need to fix the rest of the windows with the following additional order

16 balances stamped 26-3

2 balances stamped 20-3

2 balances stamped 14-5

2 balances stamped 14-2

Thanks,

Dan

Profile picture of Bob

Hey Dan. We'd be happy to help further; let's just confirm everything you're working with before proceeding with quotes. First, with the window that weighs 24 pounds, do the existing balances have stamps? Are they stamped 26-5, or something else? I'd like to confirm this before proceeding. 

Secondly, for the other balances you request, do they all have the same fittings and clip that comes out of the shoe as the original balances you ordered? Please confirm, and send pictures if you are uncertain. From there I will draft these new quotes. Many thanks. 

re "First, with the window that weighs 24 pounds, do the existing balances have stamps?"

Unfortunately, I don't have the original balances for the 24 pounds window. I used the new 26-3 balances on this window, but it doesn't stay open because it is over weight.

re "do they all have the same fittings and clip that comes out of the shoe as the original balances you ordered"

Yes, they all same fittings and clip that comes out of the shoe as the original balances.

Thanks,
Dan
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for your patience Dan. If you're certain the balances in this other window are the same length and design of the balances stamped 26-3, then a stamp option of 26-4 should cover a window sash that weighs 18 through 25 pounds. I highly advise checking an identical window in the house if possible to make sure these balances are in fact what you need before proceeding. 

I am emailing you five custom links to order the following. Note that all these balances will be assembled to have the same fittings and clip at the end of the cord as the balances you previously ordered from us. Be absolutely sure these are what you need, as custom orders are not refundable:

• (2) balances stamped 14-5
  • (2) balances stamped 26-4, as discussed above.
  • (2) balances stamped 20-3
  • (16) balances stamped 26-3
  • (2) balances stamped 14-2

Let me know if you have absolutely any questions before placing this order. Many thanks again for reaching out. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.