balance installation issue with rod insert

A handy person from Georgia Vermont says:
Last year I purchased a pair of your balances after sending a photo. I just got around to installing and the (existing) rod that rests in the metal part of the balance doesn't fit. You can see from the photos there's a ridge on the old rod and the required part should be just a rectangle without the recessed part. Can you help with 2 new rods designed to fit your balance? There are two screws attaching the rod to the base of the window.
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Now that I see your pivot shoe removed from the window, I'm not sure the 15-105 is the right match. This looks more like our 15-208 pivot shoe. As for the pivot bar, our 26-226 works with the 15-208.
A quick learner from georgia vermont says:
Well, we've already successfully installed one 15-105 and broken the existing pivot shoe trying to get it to work with the 15-105. My ideal world would be to get the pivot bar for the 15-105 and be done with it. Turns out the other side doesn't need replacing - although I'll get two pivot bars as I have the other 15-105 here at the ready in case the other side blows. Thanks, Paul - can you let me know the number of the 15-105 compatible pivot bar?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You can use the 26-360 tilt bar with our 15-105 pivot shoe.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.