balance screw anchor plug

A quick learner from conneaut lake PA says:
We had a replacement window installed due to the glass pane freezing then getting lots of sunlight. (?) Finally when Mr. Maillard replaced the entire window, I found the window would not stay up. He did not seem to know what the problem was although he bills himself as a "window" man.
I removed the atiny plastic piece from the left side of the window then I saw it was cracked;. it was not broken before he replaced the window. I believe the piece is called a balance screw plug. Unfortunately, Barrier windows was sold to Creation windows and I lost it. Can you ascertain that I am seeking the correct part for my New Era home? thank you. cath
A quick learner from conneaut lake PA says:
could it be 26-200?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Well, there are a couple possibilities. First, the 26-200 is a good place to start for your screw plug. Just make sure the measurements match.

That said, the screw plug isn't what keeps the windows up, but rather what screws into the plug: the window balances. There are many different types though, and a couple different solutions depending on what you have. Worst case scenario, you'll need new balances. Best case scenario, you will be able to adjust them a little to give them another few years of life. If possible, I'd like to see a couple of pictures of your balances so we can determine what type you have. We can then work from there.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)