bed and bath door knobs

A quick learner from east aurora, ny says:
Trying to replace doorknobs for my house built in 1960 and have found that the holes for the laches are smaller than the standard 2 1/8 ". Looking for a solution. Is this size available? Do I need new doors? Can I drill the hole out to fit new 2 1/8 " doorknobs? Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if you can do this, but what I have done in the past was to put a hole cut saw inside the 2-1/8" hole saw. It sounds confusing, but by installing the smaller hole cut saw into the smaller 2-1/8" hole saw (the one the matches to your existing hole) it will keep the hole saw plumb to the door. You may also want to talk to a locksmith or a carpenter to see what they suggest.
43-005 : ADA Privacy Lever Lockset
ADA Privacy Lever Lockset
SWISCO 43-005 Privacy Lever Lockset [1080p]
SWISCO 43-005 Privacy Lever Lockset [1080p]
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at