Broken Awning Window Operator

A home owner from Coopersburg PA 18036 says:

Trying to repair broken crank mechanism. Handle turns, but brass bushing appears to be stripped and does not provide resistance to open/close window. I don't see an allen nut socket which might secure this type of bushing). "Truth" stamped on one of the lever arms, "Window Shield" on the handle (with number: 45001) (On the window frame itself is the number 5 9 89 8) Can I repair the crank/bushing with replacement part, or do I need new operator mechanism (which would involve removing wood trim)?

Thanks,

Terry

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5952.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5957.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5913.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5910.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Terry. How does our 39-348 Awning Operator match up? Take a look and see what you think. 

SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.