broken latch

A home owner from Holyoke, MA says:
Hi. The latch part of our lock on our sliding glass door broke. The only identification on the latch says DNS Miami,Fl. It measures 6 1/8" from top to bottom. I am only finding parts that measure 6 5/8 inches or closer to 3 inches. Am I measuring wrong? We don't want to replace the whole handle if we don't have to. Thanks. Lisa
User submitted a photo of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I have a hunch. I bet that our 82-227 is what you want, but it depends on how precise your measurements are. Check them against the diagram below. The most important measurement is the distance between the installation holes. If the measurements match, it's quite possible that this part will replace your old mortise.
Alternate image for 82-227
Alternate image for 82-227
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.