broken sash

A quick learner from Land o lakes says:
I need to replace a broken sash. I know I need a 23" type 380 but not sure about the sash weight. There are no markings at all on the balance. The window sash is 26X51 inches.
What option should I choose? Don't have a scale to measure it
Channel Balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I see that you mentioned our Series 380 channel balance as being a match for your balance. I do see some similarities between the two. You also mentioned the balance length to be 23". If that is the case, then you would go with the S380-23 channel balance as a replacement. To choose the option, you would need to look over your channel balance to see if there is any stamping or marking on it. If so, please provide us with that number. Since you do not have a scale to weigh your sash, you will need to provide us with the visible glass size measurement you see in the sash, as well as the width by height. Lastly, let us know whether or not this window has insulated glass.  

A quick learner from Land o lakes , fl says:
The balance has no markings at all on it.
The window is single pane glass 26X51
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
That's a very large sash. I've estimated the sash as 30 pounds, which would mean the 2260 option is the best choice. However, this is just an educated guess. If you have no stamp on the original balance, the only way to be 100% sure is to weigh the sash on a scale.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.