broken sash lock

A home owner from California says:
Could please provide some more details as to what you mean by "remount the holes at the top"? How do I remove the broken lock that is preventing me from opening the window? Once I remove the lock, do I need to install the new suggested lock on the same spot or different spot?

Regards,
Al
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Al. I'm not sure what you're referring to, exactly. It seems like you're referencing instructions we provided someone else, but I don't know what those instructions are or what hardware it was related to. Can you give me more information?

A home owner from California says:

Hi Tom, yes I'm referring to a reply by Paul to a post from someone else:

Title: Broken IWC Window latch handle

Original post date: June 29, 2017

Paul?s response date: July 3, 2017

It also had a picture which is identical to mine. Just need some more help on how to remove the old one IWC lock and how to install the new one suggested by Paul.

Regards,

Al

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I couldn't find that discussion. We had hundreds of questions during that time and I couldn't dig it up the specific one you're referencing. However, if this is an IWC lock, then that definitely narrows things down.

Our 90-313 is the only working replacement we have for the old IWC lock. If I had to guess, I would wager that when Paul said you need to "remount the holes at the top," he meant that you will have to drill new holes to accommodate the 90-313.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.