broken window scroll

A home owner from Sanibel, Florida says:

I need to find a replacement part for this jalousie window operator. It doesn't seem to match any of the ones listed in your jalousie window parts and it looks more like the one you have for awnings. The windows were put in 1993. I live on Sanibel Island, Florida. Please let me know if you can help. In the picture it is currently holding the window shut but stacking bars of soap in between the handle and the wall. Thank you so much!

Wendy 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window pic 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window pic 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You're right, this does look more like an awning operator. That's fine, some of these operators can work on certain jalousie windows. 

We can probably supply a match but I need to see more of your operator. Too much of it is currently obscured. Can you remove it from the window entirely and show me one photo that shows the complete installation hole pattern, and then another photo that clearly shows the link arm? From there, we will do our best to find a good match.

Here are a few more pictures that show it better. I took pictures of another handle on a different window. I also measured and the device is around 4 inches long and the handle is 3 inches long. I cannot remove it completely because it took great effort to get it to shut as much as it is right now and I fear if I remove it I won't get it back. Please let me know if these help.

Thank you very much!!!

Wendy

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4994.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4992.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4991.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4990.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Wendy. Unfortunately, without seeing the link arm, we won't be able to narrow down the list of potential replacements by that much. It's an essential detail.

I can at least make out your hole pattern, which helps. I can direct you to review our 39-025, 39-194, 39-252, 39-278, and 39-378. These are all possible replacement options. Carefully review our photos and measurements and see what you think. You'll ultimately have to remove your operator from the window to confirm the best match. There is no other way.

Here are more photos. I hope they are helpful. Please let me know if you can find a part that will work or what you think would be best suited as a replacement.

Thank you.

Wendy Kirschner
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5013.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5012.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Unfortunately, I still cannot see the link arm. It is too obscured. The only thing I  can recommend is to review the operators I recommended in my previous post to see if any match.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.