bubbble weatherstripping

A home owner from jupiter, fl. says:
i'm having difficulty finding replacement rubber bubble weatherstripping for my Alenco windows. i've checked out your selection and nothing matches. the bubble is right (approx. 5/16"), but the part that attaches to the window is different. mine has a rounded rib (approx. 1/8") running along the top of the bubble that fits into a slot at the base of the window. do you carry such a product?

A customer submitted photo of their bubbleseal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, David. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have an exact match for this bubbleseal. However, I recommend that you take a look at our 58-053. Do you think this might work for you? It is a very commonly used bubbleseal and depending on the groove that it slides into, there is a possibility that it could work.
A home owner from jupiter, fl. says:
tom, thanks for responding, i was beginning to lose hope. there doesn't seem to be an exact match out there. i'll see if i can find some 58-053 locally to see if it will work before i order more.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)