bubble seal and grease

A home owner from Homer Glen IL says:
I need to replace seal on almost all of my windows. They are about 20-25 years old. Brand unknown, but great thermopane wood casement windows. I believe product #58-053 will be the correct replacement although my existing are more of a grayish brown. The groove that the seal fits into appears to be 1/16 in. wide and 5/32 in. deep. I am going to need a very large amount of this. Would it be possible to obtain a small (inches) sample before purchasing large quantity?

Also the hardware (bar hinge) is getting a little stiff. Is there a grease or wax product you sell to lubricate the metal track (that the short peice of plastic on top track and bottom) slides back and forth on during opening and closing? I have used white lithium grease but it is quite messy. Would prefer a longer lasting and easier to apply product. I am attaching a photo of existing bubble seal. thank you ..Geoff
A customer submitted photo of bubbleseal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Your weatherstripping is, indeed, very similar to our 58-053. I believe it is the closest match we can provide.

As for the lubricant, please take a look at our 75-077 Slider Slicker track lubricant. Do you think this may work for you?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)