bullet catch (ball catch) replacement

A quick learner from White Plains, NY says:
I am refinishing the 1930's steel medicine cabinet; to my dismay the spring mechanism that allows the mirrored door to remain closed has lost its 'oomph.' By using your website, I was able to learn its name. My question is how does this mechanism get replaced? I measure approximately
User submitted photos of cabinet hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
This type of bullet catch is just pressed into the cabinet. I believe you can use a flat blade screw driver or stiff putty knife to pry it out. Just make sure not to damage the paint!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)