button height for 39-002

A home owner from CA says:
How tall is the button? How tall is the arm? What is the exact measurement between the bottom of the arm and the top of the button?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at the following picture. Let me know if I missed anything.

Alternate image for 39-002
Alternate image for 39-002
A home owner from Phoenix says:
Does the "5/16" include the bottom of the button protruding below the arm? In the original crank the bottom of the button is flush with the bottom of the arm and there is essentially no extra clearance in the pass through in the window frame. Can that button protrusion at the bottom of the arm be ground flush (I could do that), or will the the button then fall out of the arm?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 5/16" measurement does not include the bottom of the button. However, I just check our stock and the bottom of the button is practically flush with the bottom of the arm.
A quick learner from Arlington, VA says:
The bottom button is practically flush with the bottom of the arm, but not flush enough for some old homes (like mine). I used a dremel to grind it down, and it worked fine (and took no more than a few minutes).
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.