caradco casement sash lock parts

A home owner from Indianapolis,IN says:
Ordered 1 each 38-098, 1 each 38-097 and 2 each 38-079 to replace existing (original) sash locks and keepers. Installed using existing screw holes and windows would not lock. Tried new sash lock with both new and old keepers with no success. Have I ordered the wrong lock? Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3824.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3829.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3823.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3826.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3822 2.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Hm. I'm honestly not sure why this wouldn't have worked for you, as the 38-098, 38-097, and 38-079 are all the correct parts. I'm forwarding this discussion to one of my senior colleagues who may have a better idea of what the issue is, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Many thanks. 

Profile picture of Tim
Tim from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that your lock is no longer made, but the manufacturer recommends the locks Bob recommended. I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Some things to look out for: be sure the keeper is not being installed backwards. Assuming it;s on properly, try slightly bending the keeper to the right with pliers, and then left if necessary. It sounds to me like the keeper is slightly off the precise required location. A little manipulation can help.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.