casement crank operators from 1952!

A home owner from San Antonio, TX says:
To whom it may concern: I have casement windows dating back to 1952 and the operators are in need of replacement. I cannot find anything on the hardware that indicates the name of the manufacturer. The only visible markings are on the underside of each device. Those markings are as follows: 1.H. 1.R. on one and 1.H. 4 L. on the other. Both items have only one hole on each side for attaching them to the metal frame of casement window. Regarding the pictures of the operators in the installed condition, unfortunately, both photos are of the same one on the same side. I hope this oversight is inconsequential. I would appreciate any information on availability and installation of replacements that you can share. The house if full of these old clunkers, most are inoperative. Thank you for your kind attention, Christopher
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at our 39-001 and 39-002 operators. Make sure to carefully go over our dimensions, including the the arm length, to see if they match up to yours. Also keep in mind that our operators have 4 mounting holes, while yours has only two. As long as two of ours match up to what you have, it should be okay.
A home owner from San Antonio, TX says:
BINGO! That's just what I need! The mounting holes on my old ones are exactly 3 and 7/8 inches on center and the arm lengths are 9". Also, the price per each is much less than I expected which is a pleasant surprise. I was braced for anywhere from $28 to $40 smackers each! Many thanks to Dave for helping me out. I shall submit my order immediately. If things work out O.K., today's order will be followed by others. Many thanks to Dave for helping me out and a Merry Christmas. Regards-Christopher of San Antonio, TX.

P.S. Pardon my ignorance but should I be at all concerned about a possible difference regarding the size of the mounting holes on the new operators and the holes in the frame of the windows? Thanks Again!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It was my pleasure, Christopher. Thank you very much for your business, and I hope you have a Merry Christmas as well!

I think you should be okay in terms of the hole size. Unless your old holes are stripped out, but there are always ways to work around that. If you have issues, let me know.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.