casement inner lock

A quick learner from Oregon says:
Hi I ordered the one on the left and need the one on the right Can you point me in the right direction
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sygnii 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This looks like our 38-177. If this is the product you ordered, then this part is considered non-handed, meaning it can work for either the left or right hand side of the window interchangeably. 

If I'm mistaken, please let me know what product you ordered and I will look into it.

A home owner from Seatle says:
Hi, I have the exact same issue as the original poster.

I ordered the 38-177 but my original part is the one on the right.

I understand the 38-177 is non-handed, but it does not fit into the opening in the window casing because the metal part inside the red circles is extended: the rectangle opening on the window casing is just too small.

Is there a part similar to the 38-177 that is just slightly smaller?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage6bQ4zr.gif
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for clarifying! I'm afraid that we don't have a version of the 38-177 with smaller tabs. It's possible that the one you have is an older version meant to snap into a particular type of cover; the 38-177 is only designed to fit into the 38-178.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.