casement keeper

A quick learner from Montreal, Quebec says:
Greetings, I'm looking for the part in the attached picture, which I believe is called a casement keeper. It is the "hook" that the lock on a casement window latches onto to pull the window tight against the frame.

The part is about 3 inches long, and the screw holes about 1 inch apart from each other.

Do you have this part?

Thank you,

Tony
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3847.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I've never seen anything like this before. Could you show me a picture of it installed? Can you also show me the lock that interacts with it?

Hi Tom - here's a picture of the piece installed on the window, and a picture of the multi-point lock that it works with. I believe the windows are from around the late 1990s or early 2000s, and I believe they are Truth casement locks.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thank you! We actually were able to dig up something that I think will replace this. Please give us a little time to have stock made up for you and I'll let you know as soon as it becomes available.

Thanks Tom - appreciate your feedback, and please let me know when they are available.

I have another question - do you have a left-hand version of Product Code: 38-138 ?
Profile picture of Tom

Happy to help. We will tell you as soon as they're available.

As for the 38-138, I'm afraid we don't have another handing for this. This should work on both sides if you flip it over, but the lock lever will obviously not match up. I know that's not ideal. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Please see new product code 38-286, Roto Casement Striker.

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.