casement window crank handle

A handy person from Santa Barbara, Ca says:
The crank handle im looking for is as the added picture shows, the measurements are 5-1/2L X 5/16W. I have found many with 1/4 width which is too small for my window. If you could help me find some of these I would be
very appreciative. Thank you
User submitted photo of their window crank handle.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Are there any names or stamps on the window crank hardware (or the window itself)?
A quick learner says:
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately we were unable to locate a 5/16" crank handle. You may have to change out the complete operator. Take a look at the 39-268 Wood Casement Operator.
A quick learner from santa barbara says:
These operators came with or house we bought in 1970. I want to keep the original hardware. I have taken some off to re-paint. To answer your question Mike, There is a marking I didn't originally see. Under the operator it says RIXSON, then has either R or L for right-left.
A quick learner says:
here is picture of casement operator thank you
User submitted photo of Rixson operator.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your photo to us.

Unfortunately Rixson no longer produces window hardware. We have been unable to locate an original Rixson window operator to use as a replacement.
A quick learner says:
Oh boy, well thank you so much for your efforts I appreciate it.I will probably be fabricating some myself.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
I hope everything works out for you.

Let us know if you find a solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)