casement window operator for an American Integrity part HGO4 2007U (or HG04 2007U)

A home owner from San Diego says:
I'm looking for a replacement casement window operator for an American Integrity Windows part# HGO4 2007U. The rough distances between the symmetrical screws are 3 1/4", 2 1/2", and 1 7/8". It has about a 7-inch long arm length. The measurements are approximate until I take further steps to remove the screen or access the window from the outside. The color is white. The hexagonal handle insert is worn down. I believe that it's "left-hand", please see photo for oreintation.

Thank you very much,
Jennifer
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named casement window.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Jennifer. I'm afraid I can't ID what you have from this photo. Much of the operator is still obscured, especially the end of the arm. I can't recommend a match without seeing that. If possible, please remove the operator from the window in its entirety and show me a clear picture that shows the whole mechanism in one shot. Thanks!

Hello Tom,

I uploaded two more photos taken from the outside. Please tell me if the measurements and mnfr/model# I provided previously along with these new photos are enough. It's hard for me to make time to remove the entire operator, especially when I rely on adjusting that window daily to keep out the heat in the daytime and cool the house at night.

Thank you very much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window crank 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! These photos are perfect, thank you. Based on the configuration of your operating arms, I recommend the 39-326. I am confident that this will replace your older style. One thing to note is that your old handle probably won't work with ours; with that in mind, I also recommend the 39-114L, or the 39-205 if you'd rather have a folding handle. See the 39-325 for the opposite handed operator.

Thanks a bunch! I just placed an order. Do you have any suggestion for preventing this hexagonal handle end from wearing down the "female" hexagonal attachment on the NEW operator over time? For instance, would you suggest any adhesive to glue/attach the handle and prevent wear. I opted for the folding handle and can't foresee the need to remove it. Or am I supposed to clean and oil the mechanism regularly to reduce the small force needed for opening operation. I regret my ignorance in these matters. Any advice (especially a specific adhesive) would be appreciated.
Profile picture of Tom

You have it backwards, actually. The new operator is "male" and the new handle is "female." To prevent these from wearing out over time, there isn't much you can do aside from just treating them gently. Don't over-wind and don't be too rough. I would say over-winding is the #1 cause of operators like these wearing out too quickly, especially if you have children in the house. I can tell you from experience that they will go overboard when opening and closing these windows.

Cleaning every so often will also be a big help. Dirt and debris will get up in the works so it's not a bad idea to check them out every so often, clean them, and lubricate them with some silicone spray.

I don't recommend using adhesive at all. That will just make your life more difficult when these parts inevitably break. It's unavoidable; in 10-15 years you're probably going to be looking at buying new parts no matter how careful you are. Might as well make it easier by not having everything glued down.

A home owner from Ajax Ontario Canada says:
Model 39-326 looks like what I need mine as far as handle connection is different. I'm sending photo of mine to me looks awfully similar. To see if you agree need two of these. Also I need at least 3 of scissor type awning cranks for my small bathroom windows will send pics as well of this model. On the awning type the measurement from the clip hole to first joint is approx 6" then from that joint to base is to roughly 8". The model# on the back is op05-1505. I hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16889993916702869017925828539280.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16889994578427687763618162611817.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16889995432371135399769719841714.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16889995831818124492701251670302.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

What you have here is an older version of the 39-326. The manufacturer changed the design of the handle to something more modern, which means you will also have to replace the handle at the same time as the operator. I suggest the 39-232, but you can also use the 39-205 to better match the older style handles.

As for the awning operator, that appears to be a match for our 39-393.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.