cavalier window

A quick learner from richmond, va says:
I think its a constant force coil balance. It's the part that holds the window up when you open it. I have to prop the window up now to keep it open. Can't find Cavalier window store to check it out.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Resized95.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm sure we can help you replace this coil balance system, but there's a few possible options you might need. Could you show us your pivot shoe out of the window? The identity of the pivot shoe determines the identity of your coil balances. For removal details, see the video below. 

Attached are the window parts we will need for both sides.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0290.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0291.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0293.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0292.jpg
Bob,
We actually will only need the 2 coil springs for each side of the window. I added the coil
Itself in the pictures as it had measurements stamped on it. Thanks you.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me. Your pivot shoe looks like our 15-191 Pivot Shoe. This is compatible with our Series 160 Coil Springs. The stamp code #4.5 indicates our S160-4 Coil Spring, which carries 4.5 lbs of weight individually. Let us know if you have any other questions!

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.