channel balance

A quick learner from Lynn Haven, FL says:
I am looking to replace the channel balance in my windows. The window is a non-tilt with fixed panel at the top. The sticker reads as follows:
Series 2312
AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97
H-LC50 48x84

How do I located my replacement part?

Thanks
Gary
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

You will need to completely remove the balance out of the window and upload some images of the entire piece for us to review. We will also need to know the metal length measurement of the balance, along with any stamping or marking that appears on the balance. 

Please see the photos for a possible replacement. There are two sizes. The long one is 29" and the short one is 16". I think the brand is Jordan, which I believe is out of business.

Thank you
Gary
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191216_121518.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191216_121547.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20191216_121554.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for the extra photos. Take a look at both our Series 351 and S390 balances. These look the same with the exception of the depth measurement of the bottom balance shoe. The depth of the bottom balance shoe for the Series 351 is 1" and for the Series 390 is 1-1/8". You will need to measure the depth of your bottom shoe, like in the diagram below, to determine which of the two is the better match. Your balances should also have some sort of stamping or marking on the balance to determine which option to choose. If they don't, you will need to weigh the sashes of each window and refer to the sash weight chart listed on the store pages. 

The measurement on the bottom balance shoe is 1", so the Series 351 looks appropriate. The stamping on the metal channel is 29 3 for the 29" and 15 2 for the 16". Is that the proper info to determine which option to choose?

Thanks
Gary
Profile picture of Casey

For your balance marked with "29 3" you will use our 2930 and for the balance marked "15 2", you will go with our 1520. 

I realized that I made an error in stating the stamping number on the 29" channel balance. It is actually 28 3. So would the proper balance be the 2830?

Thanks
Profile picture of Casey

Yes it would be 2830. You're correct.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.