channel balance

A home owner from North Palm Beach says:
I need to replace my channel balance for my PGT single hung window. The aluminum channel is 23 1/2" long x 1/2" x 1/2" and marked with 23-2 JX CMC 11
What replacement part do I need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210116_155127486_iOS.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Can you show me closer pictures of the nylon fittings at both ends? Can you also confirm the metal channel length, not including the fittings at each end? From there I'll do my best to narrow this down for you. Thanks. 

Bob
As you can see the one end of the channel is rusted, the edge is 23 7/8" even though I previously wrote 23 1/2" which is what is left of most of the channel

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Scan from 2021-01-19 09_02_06 PM.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Scan from 2021-01-19 09_04_34 PM.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

This might be an S395-24, which has a 24" long metal channel and a top fitting with wings (those side tabs) and a bottom nylon shoe with no wings. But I'd compare with an an undamaged balance from an identical window to confirm. You'll need a stamp option of 2320.

Here is a photo of the undamaged nylon shoe from the other side of the window.
The metal channel is exactly 24"
I dont know what you meant with "a stamp option of 2320"

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Scan from 2021-01-20 07_10_09 PM.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Yes, this shoe lacks wings, so the S395-24 should be what you need. 

When you find the balance you want, you then have to choose a stamp option. The stamp option just reflects the weight range the balance is calibrated to support. Your old balance used a stamp code of 23-2, which is the same as our 2320 option. This will support a window sash in the weight range of 9 through 15 pounds. 

Bob
Just ordered two
Thanks
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.