channel balance and balance hardware

A quick learner from Streamwood IL says:
i need to replace the channel balance in several windows. Please see attached photos. All of my windows have the balance 283088081P which is 29 inches. Looks like someone replace 2 of them in two separate windows with the 274000H which is only 28 inches.I don't know the brand of windows but I watched your video on the 2740 and it looks just like the ones I have.I also need the clip with the screw that keeps the channel in place when the window is down. I think it as called a sash guide. Please help me..
User submitted photos of a window balance.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
User submitted photos of a top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Concerning the balances, the one with the black shoe resembles our S350-29 with a 2830 option, while the other looks like our S351-28 with a 2740 option. For the top sash guide, look at our 18-069.
A quick learner from Streamwood IL says:
Thank you for all your help. I received the channel balances and sash guides you recommended and they fit GREAT!!!You guys are AWSOME!! I have a new challenge for you.I am attaching photos of the bottom and top of my patio screen door.The rollers are broken and the screws are strip.Plaese take a look at them and let me know if you have anything to replace the parts or the whole bottom rails. unfortunately there is no part numbers or brand names.Thanks again Rose
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Awesome, I'm glad the balance worked out. As for this roller, how about our 84-062? This looks pretty close, but just make sure the tail is the same. Not so sure about that screw though. I would check a local hardware store, they may have something for it.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.