channel balance

A home owner from Carlsbad says:
Which 33" channel balance should I order? For non tilt double hung window. The metal portion is exactly 33". It is 1/2" wide with depth of 5/8"

Thanks,
John
Channel Balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello John. I believe our S385-33 channel balance would make a great replacement for you. Check your balance to see if there is a stamped number on it. That will determine which option to choose when ordering these balances. If there are no stamped numbers, the best way to determine which option to choose would be to remove your window sash and weight it. From there, you will take that number and correspond it to our sash weight range chart that is displayed on the product page.
A quick learner says:
Paul, the strange thing is there is a 3220 on the left side and a 3290 on the right. This is the case with both windows! Why would the installer do this?

Both 3290's are causing issues/broken. Should I just replace them with a 3220 or 3240 ?

The sash is about 30 lbs.

John
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It could be the installer had a limited number of balances and just used whatever was on hand. It happens all the time. If the sash is 30 pounds, I recommend the 3250 option. We have a chart on the S385-33 store page that you can use as a reference. You may want to get the exact sash weight just to be sure.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.