channel balance replacement

A home owner from Las Vegas says:
could you please help me identify the correct replacement for my window
I ordered 21" Series 380 but was unsure of S380 or S385
I also ordered 2010 resistance but I wasn't sure. The window weighs about 10-15 lbs
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1304.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1303.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The only difference between the Series 380 and Series 385 is the 'depth' of the bottom nylon shoe. The depth is the distance between the 'heel' and 'toe' of the bottom shoe. For the Series 380, this depth is 1". For the Series 385, this depth is 1-3/32". As far as the correct stamp option goes, the weight ranges for each stamp option are pretty specific, so it's best to obtain the exact weight of the sash to know what option to select. You said you ordered the 2010 option, but if your window weighs more than 8 lbs this will prove too weak a calibration. 

But there's more: the stamp code on your old balance of 20 5 conforms to our stamp option of 2050, which is for a window sash in the weight range of 23 through 27 lbs. Did these balances work normally before they broke (i.e. you could open and close the window normally?). If so, then 2050 is the correct stamp option. If you're uncertain though, get the exact weight of your window sash. You can then match that precise weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each stamp option on the product page.

If you need to return any incorrect balances, see our Return Policy here.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.