channel balance replacement options

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
To check on the needed stamp option for this series balance remove the window sash and place it on a scale.

S751-25 with stamp option:

25R will carry a window sash weight range of 10 through 18 pounds
25HD will carry a window sash weight range of 18 through 22 pounds
25TG will carry a window sash weight range of 22 through 30 pounds

This information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A home owner from Bloomington, Mn says:
I need to replace several channel balances. I have tilt out window. Your 25" series 751 channel balances appear to be what I would need. My current channel balances are simply stamped 24. They is no other lettering. Would this be a special order?
A home owner from Bloomington, MN says:
I'm attaching a few photos for possible channel balance replacement. I need to know if your parts will work in my windows. It looks like your series 751 are identical to mine.
User submitted photo of channel balance and stamp.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your photos to us.

Have you confirmed your balance length to be 25", the metal portion only?

If so, it appears you will need the S751-25 Channel Balance with the 24R stamp.
A home owner from Bloomington, MN says:
Thanks for your response to my question. My only other question is whether or not my existing channel balances can be repaired. The cord in all of the failed windows has broken. Can the cord be replaced and then new shoes attached?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately you will need to replace the entire channel balance. The cord cannot be repaired.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.