Channel Balance Shoe & Top Sash Guide

A home owner from Stuart, Florida says:

White plastic piece at bottom of channel balancer. The only number on the channel is 2320. Other channels that are the same size say 2340.

I need the stop that is on the sash that, when missing, allows the channel to spring up to the top. (photo in this post). Also need the bottom plastic piece that seems to act as a "wedge" to secure the sash (picture is in the first post) 

The only identification I can see on all of the window are 4 numbers that don't make much sense because exactly the same channels have different numbers. I do know that the channel's exterior measurement is 9/16" and the interior is 1/2". Hard to measure the top piece that attaches to the sash.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. For your Top Sash Guides, see our 18-042. Compare the dimensions listed on the product page with your old parts, and see if you think they could work for you. 

Your channel balance's bottom nylon shoe looks like either our 15-005 or 15-004. The only difference between these two shoes is their 'depth'. For the 15-005, the depth is 1". For the 15-004, it is 1-3/32". Compare with your old shoe and see what matches best. 

All that aside, replacing your balance's nylon attachments is a bit of a process, and it may be easier to simply replace your damaged channel balances. If you choose to replace your balances, show us pictures of the top nylon attachment, and also confirm that the length of the metal channels, not including the end attachments, is 24". Then we can help identify what you need. If you want to attempt replacing the nylon shoes yourself, see the video below for details. 

Thank you very much Bob. Making an order now.
I chose to go with trying to change the nylon attachments for now for expense sake. There are 8 windows all with broken top sash guide and a few broken bottom shoes. The balanced loosened up well after cleaning and lubing. Fingers crossed I don't regret this adventure. If I do, I will surely photograph everything and go for the entire channel balances. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds like a plan! let us know how the repair works out.

Profile picture of Bob

I see in your original post, you sent us a photo showing a portion of the balance. Could we have you send us a photo of the balance that is still intact on the other side of the window? We need to see the complete balance showing both nylon attachment ends and if there are any stampings or marking on the balance, please let us know that information as well.

Instead of replacing the full channel balances on all the windows, I decided to try replacing the nylon attachments for budget's sake. All the parts suggested fit perfectly and I just cleaned and lubricated the pullies and springs and the whole project went very well. One window is missing a channel balance and I do need to a replacement. The channel length, not including the attachments is 18 1/2". Can you suggest a replacement for this?
The number 1820 is stamped on the side.
I re-measured and from end to end, it is 18 1/2" without the nylon fittings.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1930.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1932.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1933.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

Thank you! This looks like our Series 377 channel balance, but with an 18-1/2" long metal channel it will have to be a custom order. Fortunately, we have everything we need to get started. 

Just one last thing. You mentioned before that you have 8 windows. Would this be 16 balances? I'll have my colleague Tom email you an order link and price quote right now for that quantity. If you wanted to change it, though, let us know here and we would be happy to do so.

No. I just need one balance. Thank you Bob.
Profile picture of Bob

Ah, I see. I'm afraid we can only supply 2 at a minimum, since it's a custom order. Will that be okay? We usually recommend replacing both balances in a window at once anyway. I'll have Tom send an amended order link with that quantity.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.