channel stop?Viking window

A home owner from PORTLAND, OREGON says:
need one to replace broken one.

. This part tops the channel that the channel balance goes into.

trouble is, too, there is a wierd star-shaped 'screw' on the top part of it

so cant get the good one off to send for a sample, and unless there is a special screwdriver, wont be able to get the broken one off either,,suggestions? it is probably some type of rivet and may need to be drilled out, a permanent part of the window frame?

.This part measures 1" high and 43/64ths (, dark brown color, the window is a viking sliding window. I dont even know what to call this part but have not found it under "sash stops"

User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I recommend you contact a local hardware store, they should have a star bit to help you remove that screw. As for the top sash guide itself, see our 18-009.
A home owner from PORTLAND, OREGON says:
Thank you bunches!! I will order it today! :)))
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)