child proof latch for outswing door

A home owner from Miami Florida says:
Hello,

I have aluminum impact glass french doors that open outward to my back yard , I have an in-ground pooland I need to put some type of latch on those doors so if my grandson (2 years old) open the lock the latch will prevent him to open the door.I was looking at you product code 40-145. Can you advise me if that product will help me if I install it as high as possible.

Thank you very much.

Maria
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Maria, thanks for posting. I don't know if our 40-145 will work for you, since it doesn't have a security lock. Are you sure that's what you have? What are the dimensions of your latch compare to the 40-145? Could you use something like our 40-117 instead?
A home owner from Miami says:
Hello Tom,

Thank you very much for responding, At this time I do not have any latch on my doors and the frame of my doors are white aluminum that is why I was thinking to buy the 40-145. do you have something similar to the 40-117 in white? or can you advise me of any other type of latch that will work on my french doors.

Thank you

Maria
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Maybe a storm door latch isn't the best choice for security, then. How about our 40-011 Barrel Bolt? We've used this on french doors before. What do you think?
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.