coil balance

A home owner from pittsburgh says:
I guess this is broken but i am not sure. Do i just need to replace the spring or something else. Please let me know what part or parts i need and if i need to remove this from the window to give you more information.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_162236.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200514_162211.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If the spring is all that broke, then you can probably just replace that. However if your parts are too old then it may be safe to replace everything. See our 15-192 pivot shoe, Series 170 and Series 171 coil spring, and finally the 15-156 cover and 15-157 drum. The video below will explain how these parts come together.

From the pictures i sent you can you tell me if i need just the one balance coil or both.
Profile picture of Tom

I can't really say, unfortunately. If you have an identical window in this house that still has all its hardware intact, I would check that.

I took out the spring and there is and it looks like the number stamped is 336. I called your company and they said I needed to weigh the window. It weighs about 12 lbs. So can you tell me which spring I need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200519_114741.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

If your old spring reads 336, then you need an S170-336.

thanks. I ordered two
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.