coil balance for a window

A home owner from NYS says:
Hello,
I would like to order 2 coil balancers for my window. Also, One of the screws for the plastic piece will not tighten into the side of the window sill.....almost like the hole is stripped. Should I just find a little thicker screw? Any suggestions? Please see the attached photos. Thank you very much.

Joe
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Joe. I recognize your coil balance shoe as our 15-175. This is usually used with the series 152 coil balance. Look for a number printed on your coil that indicates the number of pounds it can carry. You'll want to match that up. If you can't find a number,  weigh your window sash. Divide that weight by the two coils that support it. Each coil will have to carry that number of pounds. For example; if your sash weighs 10 lbs., you'll need two 5lb. coils. Try a screw that is a little longer than the original to secure that coil support in your stripped jamb opening.

Jody,

Thank you for the response. I will definitely look for the number on the coil. Once last question. I checked both part numbers you gave me but I don't see the plastic piece and screw included in either. If you reference my photos again you should see the piece I am talking about.

Is that a separate piece or does it come with one of the pieces you specified? Thank you.

Joe

Profile picture of Casey

Oh, sure. I thought yours looked to be in good condition still, so I didn't think to recommend the ones we carry. If you can't reuse your old clips, see our 15-144, 15-143, and 15-145. These kind of sandwich together around the spring. 

Okay great, thank you very much. I will take a look at these part numbers and match them up. Thanks again for your quick responses.

Joe
Profile picture of Casey

We're happy to help, Joe. Please let us know if you ever need anything else.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.