coil balance parts

A home owner from Front Royal, VA says:
I have three broken balances to replace. One is a single coil balance for a regular house window, and two are double coil balances for a larger window. The balance for the larger window is pictured in one of the photos. I couldn't remove it because the cutout was not large enough; I suppose I will have to cut it as described in one of your videos. The double coil balance looks like it is 3 1/8 in. long and about 1 /12 in. wide Dimensions for the single coil balance is shown in the photo which I hope helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200803_132534.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200803_133927.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200803_134203 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200803_134311.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like the 15-192, which uses the Series 170 and Series 171 Coil Balances. The video below explains more. Note however that if this was a Simonton window, you may have an older version of this shoe with a slightly different metal cam. You will need to swap out the old cam with the new one. 

A home owner from Front Royal, VA says:
Thanks for your help, this looks like just what I need. I'll try to place the order tomorrow
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)