coil balancer needed

A home owner from Wyomissing, PA says:
Hello. I have a vinyl replacement window that I purchased from Lowe's in 2005. It is a Reliabilt, Survivor System 7000 (7100) Series double hung window. Atrium now handles Reliabilt for Lowe's. Lowe's suggested your website to me

Anyhow, I am trying to track down a replacement coil balance, either the coil, or the entire assembly. At least that's what I think I need. Attached are 4 photos of the broken coil. The coil snapped on the right side of the sash.

1) I'm wondering if I need to get the entire tandem and coil replacement part

2) do I need to get and replace both left and right so the window tension is equal?

I have all the pertinent window information should you need it as I have kept all the factory stickers that were on the window when I installed them. I would also like to know how to replace this part. The lower tandem has the number 6 printed on it so I'm guessing it's for the 6lb coil
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Your shoes and accessories look undamaged, so you may be able to get away by just replacing the coil. See our S180-6. It may be a good idea to replace both sides so that tension is equal, yes.
A home owner from Wyomissing PA says:
Thank you for your response to my question. Do you have any videos or instructions on how to get the tandem out of the window, and how to replace the coil? I do not have a lower tandem (as some replacement part companies are asking for) nor is there a cutout in the jamb to pull out the tandem. Will it pop out if I pry it from the jamb?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, we have a bunch of videos that I think will help. I will post them below. The first shows you how to replace a typical coil balance system, though the one featured in that video is a little different than yours. You will also need to unhook your coil from the top bracket.
These next two videos each show a different method of removing the pivot shoe.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.