coil spring balance

A professional from South Carolina says:
My daughter in IL has a broken coil spring right side window balance that I need to replace. I have attached a photo of the existing coil spring. Can you help identify and offer a replacement?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0027.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your coil housing appears to be our 15-087 along with the 15-086 tandem housing. Look over the dimensions from each of these parts and compare them to your existing hardware. 

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

Detail of 15-086
Detail of 15-086

These are compatible with the Series 180 Coil Balance Springs. To determine which springs you need, check for any stamps/markings that might be on the metal coil. If you are unable to read them or there are no stamps at all, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash. Then you'll need to take the sash weight and divide it by the total number of coils in the window. This will help you determine the spring strength you'll need.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.